Senior Vehicle Systems Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The objective of the Senior Vehicle Systems Engineer is to support the mechanical design team in delivering Mobility and Platform engineering requirements for multiple engineering projects: including the AJAX Vehicle Programme and future business.
- To support and manage the delivery of vehicle mobility performance and platform related requirements
- To lead vehicle trials and provide technical support in order to obtain vehicle verification, validation evidence and subsystem design assurance
- To manage and lead Route Cause Analysis (RCA) of platform and automotive related incidents
- To carry out impact assessments on automotive related subsystems
- To carry out mobility modelling and simulation using multibody dynamic simulation tools such as MSC ADAMS
- Practical understanding of vibration, associated Signal Processing and Analysis such as nCode Glyph works
- Requirements analysis in DOORS
- Specification, design and development of automotive sub-systems ideally with regard to tracked vehicles.
- Strong technical communication and presentation skills
- Typically requires degree level education, and a wide range of relevant experience, or equivalent.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Experience of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience of wheeled and tracked vehicles
- Experience of preparation of internal and external reports
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.