Quality Systems Engineer
Closing date: 03 Aug 2018
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Full-time
Location: Hatfield (Head Office)
As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking to recruit a Quality Systems Engineer to join the team! This role will drive the development, documentation, control and improvement of key business processes surrounding the delivery of engineering team solutions to assure outcomes.
Work across Engineering delivery areas to establish process capability, identify requirements and work collaboratively to create and embed process.
Use of structured quality tools and problem solving techniques to facilitate and support process development and deployments, and audit compliance.
- Principle accountability: Drive the mission to achieve “assured outcomes” across the business.
- Business process definition for internal organisation and management systems development. Agree process definition with buy-in from process owners and stakeholders.
- Subject matter expert for problem-solving techniques and approaches.
- Drive the business process development of Supplier Quality regime for Ocado Engineering from selection process through to supplier development - both locally (UK/ EU) and remote (rest of the world).
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Implementation of management systems for operations and suppliers.
- Structured problem solving using Six Sigma, 8D or A3 methods. Can coach others.
- Advanced product quality planning with the supply base - purchasing of own design bespoke products.
- Proven change management and acceptance building skills. Implementation of process and transfer to business as usual
- Involved in the introduction of ISO9001:2015; introduction of supplier quality regimes with SQA manuals/ assessments.
- Lead problem solving teams driving to successful conclusion
- Implementing change in a fast paced environment; building a consensus and gaining acceptance.
- Internal/ lead auditor ISO9001:2015
- Degree/ HND qualified in technical or quality discipline
The Ocado Way
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our success.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
To find out more about us and to apply for this role, please click the APPLY button.