Head of Engineering IT Services 118416BR
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Manager to fill the role of Head of Engineering IT Services within the UK Information Technology function. The function is responsible for the delivery of IT application services to the Engineering Function and associated UK Programmes to successfully enhance and enable operational business delivery.
The role primarily entails direct customer engagement with Engineering and programme stakeholders, application and service portfolio ownership, with the responsibility for managing and running the service including setting the service strategy, managing application roadmaps and ensuring all existing systems are maintained appropriately. The role is future orientated, operationally focused and a catalyst for optimal use of application technology, driving to improve business efficiency, reduce risk and maximise customer engagement, internally and externally for the Engineering Division.
Manage and develop a portfolio of Enterprise Level engineering discipline applications including Configuration Management, Analysis, Design, Modelling/Testing/Simulation and Software Development in close cooperation with the rest of the IT Division.
- Lead a team of specialist staff who are responsible for designing, delivering, monitoring and upgrading applications within the service area used by business functions to deliver and support Raytheon products and services.
- Build strong working relationships and effective alignment across functions and businesses in Raytheon UK, International counterparts, and Partner/Subcontractor community.
- Manage the end to end aspects of the portfolio service delivery including performance, security, development, maintenance and measurement of the service, with a continuous improvement approach.
- Develop and implement a plan to rationalise the estate for optimum performance, security, licensing and ease of maintenance.
- Support the RUK financial annual cycle through setting then meeting or exceeding financial objectives through improved cost management, team utilisation, and customer billable work opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a Service Strategy, ensuring appropriate lifecycle management of each application/service that includes maintaining annual plans and 5 year technology portfolio roadmap driving alignment and rationalisation of the services portfolio.
- Create a Service Improvement Plan for your service area and ensure this is clearly understood and communicated to peers and customers through regular Service Review meetings and events.
- Develops, implements, and owns associated functional goals, objectives, and key service level agreements (SLAs) and is responsible for maintaining service quality levels.
- Maintain Service Catalogue and Configuration Management Database for your service. following the agreed and documented processes.
- Accountable for Service and system documentation, procedures and resource forecasting and planning to deliver against the defined service criteria ensuring the provision of an Out of hours service (aligned to the rest of IT). In some cases 24x7 cover may be required.
- Effectively manage operational supplier performance and repairs & maintenance contracts, including software licencing compliance, software licence & support contract agreements and renewals, supplier selection and due diligence, and maintenance of up-to-date NDA’s. Identify, engage and ensure third-party support and delivery resources to supplement the team effectively during high peaks of demand or specific project work.
- Develop, implements, and owns associated functional goals, objectives, and key service level agreements (SLAs).
- Carry out a programme of daily/weekly/monthly checks and develop approaches to improve, streamline and automate the health status of the environment.
- Effectively manage deliverables: Incidents, Requests, Small Works Projects and Technical leadership of major implementation and upgrade projects.
- Ensure any projects you are leading for the organisation, or those within your own immediate area of responsibility, are reviewed, reported and accurately updated on a timely basis.
- Meet IS assurance, governance and policies to ensure we operate with confidence, through effective maintenance of secure and stable IT platforms for the business, adherence to company security, accreditation and audit requirements.
- Proactively identify and manage risk in line with departmental risk strategy.
- Plan, agree and participate in scheduled BCP/DR exercises.
- Maintain effective Asset Management and license compliance, system vulnerability management as required.
- Effectively manage team growth and development including mentoring, delegation, effective 1-2-1 discussions, quarterly Goal Reviews and personal development discussions. Lead your direct reports in accordance with Raytheon’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure cross training and rotation opportunities are identified and implemented, with an effective up to date skills matrix, skills gaps and training needs.
- Identify development opportunities for yourself and individual direct reports against the RSL Leadership Behaviours and Team Effectiveness Models
- Prioritise staff workloads in line with demand, priorities and background maintenance and upgrade activities. Ensure any staffing, support and availability related risks to the service are understood and mitigated
Experience of major application identification, assessment, implementation, configuration, management and support within hardware, software, mechanical, electrical engineering disciplines, gained within a major industrial/manufacturing or design bureau, ideally in the defence/aerospace field.
- Knowledge of Service Management disciplines engagement, design, delivery and maintenance lifecycles in a high technology or IT services domain.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL best practice, qualified to a minimum of ITIL Foundation.
- Detailed knowledge / experience of project and service delivery disciplines including business analysis and requirements gathering, resource planning, ability to create project proposals. Full project lifecycle experience, user support & training experience.
- Experience of working closely with Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Finance functions.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex business problems in order to define and develop technology-based solutions.
- Demonstrable evidence of effective problem solving skills in complex support incidents.
- Excellent relationship skills - the ability to build positive relationships with both technical and business personnel.
- Experience of negotiation and conflict management skills in a complex matrix structure.
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral presentation material
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities within virtual teams and multi-party environments.
- Exposure to corporate executives and business critical situations
- IT experience in the service delivery & management areas
- Preferably degree level education although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
- Experience of providing high demand/mission critical systems on a 24x7 basis.