Senior Stress Engineer
Great opportunity for a Senior Stress Engineer to be a part of Meggitt Polymers & Composites (MPC) family based from our Stevenage plant, our dedication to achieving the greatest possible intimacy with our customers, solving problems today with our enriched engineering function and preparing for tomorrow by aligning our applied research and technology (AR&T) investments closely with their technology roadmaps.
As the Senior Stress Engineer you will provide material expertise in the selection Perform stress analysis on composite & hybrid structures. Support the manufacturing department through coupon quality control, process and failure investigations.
To provide dedicated FE support to the composite design team involved in the design, development and qualification of composite aero structures. Working under the direction of the Mechanical Design Team Leader the responsibilities of this role will encompass a broad range of analysis and reporting activities including the management of any sub-contracted analysis activity. Primary working relationships & interfaces: Working in a IPT, interfacing with other design departments, production engineering and the customer.
- Stress analysis of composite components using FEA software Hyperworks and / or NASTRAN / PATRAN
- Knowledge of aerospace stressing methodologies for metallic and composite components
- Selection, oversight and management of external sub-contractors where required to support analysis activity
- Technical liaison/presentations with customer to support Design Review deliverables
- Good communication and team working skills
Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and or work experiences.
- Knowledge of non-linear crash analysis, dynamic analysis
- Knowledge of fatigue analysis for metallic components
- Interpretation of design requirements and creation of qualification test plans to support design output
- Use of 3D CAD software, in particular CATIA
- Design experience in composite structures
- Knowledge and experience of CFD analysis
- Composite experience in the aerospace / automotive industry
Apply for Senior Stress Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Materials Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Mechanical Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Other Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer