Senior Electrical Engineer
Innovate & Power the world
Rolls-Royce has a unique opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer within Rolls-Royce Submarines Business in Raynesway, Derby.
Within Rolls-Royce's Defence sector, the Submarines business designs, justifies, manufactures, builds, commissions and supports through- life the nuclear propulsion power plant that is the heart of the nation's nuclear submarine defence capability.
You will support the Chief Engineer (Electrical Infrastructure) in his capacity for all matters relating to conventional and nuclear facilities, structures and associated Infrastructure within the Submarines business and ensure the safe running of all the electrical facilities on both of the Raynesway sites and assure appropriate maintenance/testing/inspection of the Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Infrastructure at Raynesway.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar subject or equivalent.
- Professionally registered at a minimum level of Incorporated Engineer.
- Suitably qualified and experienced to be appointed as Responsible Person (HV Electrical).
- Experience of undertaking SAP(E) Duties associated with High Voltage Switchgear rated at voltages between 1kV and 36kV.
- Experienced in the design, construction and operation of nuclear and conventional facilities and infrastructure within the UK.
- Ideally have some familiarity of working within a highly regulated environment such as the Nuclear , petrochemical or pharmaceutical industry
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.Beyond tomorrow
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to full UK security clearance.