Senior Manufacturing Engineer
You will be part of our innovative engineering team, driving continuous improvement activities, as well as leading your own projects to further enhance our processes. If you have excellent communication skills, can effectively manage and solve a wide range of complex technical issues, we would love to hear from you.
What are my responsibilities?
- Ownership of the manufacturing processes within one of our three manufacturing cost centres
- Working with the engineers and the operations team to jointly manage quality, productivity and output.
- Solving manufacturing problems to resolve internal and external process issues, and maintain our zero harm culture in the process
- Developing and implementing new processes and manufacturing equipment to enable our new product and continuous improvement agendas.
- Developing new product processes from the conception stage, through prototyping and into product launch and volume manufacture.
- Managing Capital investment and infrastructure projects, from functional specification, creation through vendor selection to commissioning and manufacturing release.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to assist in the development of graduate engineers.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A Degree in Engineering, Science, manufacturing (or related subject) or an extensive equivalent experience.
- Substantial and varied technical experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Good track record of personally implementing substantial improvement activities within budget constraints and challenging timescales.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience of managing project teams.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of complex technical issues, and develop cross functional relationships.
What are the benefits in this role?
- Competitive base salary + annual bonus
- 26 days holidays
- Great pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurances
- On-site gym and subsidised gourmet restaurant
- And more…
We are Siemens Magnet Technology, the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of superconducting magnets for MRI scanners. Over 30% of the MRI scanners installed in hospitals worldwide have at their heart a Siemens Magnet Technology.
What else do I need to know?
We are a team of just over 450 people in Oxfordshire; we value quality, equality, and diversity.