Part of our forward thinking engineering team, you will help driving continuous improvement activities, and deliver projects to enhance our processes. If you have excellent communication skills, have an eye for details and are a good problem solver, we would like to hear from you.
What are my responsibilities?
- Support the manufacturing processes within one of our three manufacturing cost centres
- Working with the engineering team and the operations team to jointly deliver quality, productivity and output.
- Resolving internal and external process issues and maintaining our zero harm culture.
- Developing and implementing new processes and manufacturing equipment, to enable our new product and continuous improvement agendas.
- Developing new product processes from conception stage, through prototyping and into product launch and volume manufacture.
- Management of Capital investment and infrastructure projects from functional specification creation through vendor selection to commissioning and manufacturing release.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A Degree in Engineering, Science, manufacturing (or related subject) or equivalent experience.
- Technical experience in manufacturing engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Track record of personally implementing improvement activities within budget and timescales.
- Demonstrable problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to solve a range of technical issues and develop cross functional relationships.
- Excellent communication skills
What are the benefits in this role?
- Competitive base salary + annual bonus
- 26 days holidays
- Great pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurances
- On-site gym and subsidised gourmet restaurant
- And more…
We are Siemens Magnet Technology, the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of superconducting magnets for MRI scanners. Over 30% of the MRI scanners installed in hospitals worldwide have at their heart a Siemens Magnet Technology.
What else do I need to know?
We are a team of just over 450 people in Oxfordshire; we value quality, equality, and diversity.