Electronics Design Team Leader/Design Authority
What’s the opportunity?
MBDA has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution as a world class and dominant European missile company. The growing workload within MBDA has created exciting opportunities within Electronic Engineering for Electronics Design Team Leader/Design Authority to lead multi-disciplinary teams in the design and delivery of equipment for Missile sub-Systems.
Electronic Engineering develops a range of electronics equipment including computers, telemetry, break-up and arming systems plus datalinks that are fundamental and critical to MBDA’s ability to deliver world class military capabilities.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will lead small multi-disciplinary engineering teams and manage various stakeholders to help develop advanced defence products in a dynamic, demanding and technically challenging environment.
The role requires technical, project and functional management (of electronics assigned resources) and is an ideal way to gain visibility across the company and hands-on experience of complex equipment development. The role is also suitable for those wanting to progress into team leadership and who can clearly demonstrate the ability to do so.
What are the benefits for you?
The role offers a unique opportunity to manage Electronic Equipment development programmes and to build and develop all aspects of high achieving teams of multi-disciplined engineers.
Interfacing at all levels of the business will provide excellent visibility and networking opportunities for future career progression.
What’s great about joining this team?
Managing all aspects of the ‘design, make, prove’ process for a wide range of complex electronic products as part of a dedicated team focused on delivery and technical excellence will be stimulating and rewarding both technically and on a personal level.
Collaborative working with other functions of MBDA, in particular Mechanical Engineering, Production and Future Systems will provide wide knowledge of MBDA and its operations which will be invaluable when considering higher level career aspirations.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
High performing teams need high performing and competent leaders. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering discipline e.g. Electronics
- Proven relevant experience and background in electronics and electronic technologies, preferably within harsh environments;
- Proven ability to manage the development and delivery of electronic equipment or a clear ability to do so in the future
- Planning and organisation skills with a record of delivering to time and cost
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills;
- Good communication skills with the ability to network and influence across MBDA at both national and international level;
- Self-starter with drive, energy and enthusiasm and a clear focus on delivery and results;
This is not a project management role. The successful individual will come with a solid background in Electronics and will have the ability, or can be developed, to manage technical individuals and co-ordinate a broad range of skills across projects.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, , and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)