Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Automation Control Systems)
31 Aug 2018
40 hours per week
Welwyn Garden City
Ocado Technology is a leading automation specialist in the UK and is renowned for its advanced software and controls technology, which it uses to create unique retail and logistics solutions for its online retail business. An existing team of in-house automation specialists is looking to bolster the company’s expertise in the embedded systems space and has a number of exciting projects underway. With this in mind, we are looking for people with a really strong track record designing and implementing complex controls software solutions.
We'd like to see the following experience
- Extensive experience developing micro-controller based control software for industrial applications.
- Experience with multi-axis motion control solutions preferably for material handling.
- Design and development of real-time control software and the use of Real Time OS.
- Experience developing high-reliability software in in C/C++ (possibly using MISRA or JSF C++ standards).
- Good knowledge of Interfaces - UART, SPI, CAN, I2C etc.
- ARM (Cortex M4) experience desirable.
- Strong problem-solving credentials, technical leadership and ability to innovate.
- A good degree, ideally in mechatronics, robotics or electrical engineering or a related subject.
However, this is not a set in stone requirements list. We recognise the software industry is filled with smart people from so many different backgrounds. If you enjoy being part of the team and if you like: learning fast (through experimentation, self-motivation etc); being autonomous but able to collaborate (sharing knowledge is important to us); craftsmanship and innovation (we never stop questioning how we can be better), then we look forward to hearing from you.
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary and share schemes, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled. We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and much more) not to mention our frequently used foosball table.
Find out more about Ocado Technology at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
More searches like this
- Automotive Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Quality Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer