Maintenance Engineer - Rail
Due to growth in the area, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join our team and be based in North Pole (in London). As a Maintenance Engineer, your role will be to conduct fault finding, engine maintenance and repairs to a very high standard. At times, you will be attending and participating in meetings with the customer.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
MTU is one of the world's leading suppliers of drives and power systems for marine applications, for heavy land, rail and defence vehicles, and for the oil and gas industry. In the traditional spirit of pioneers and inventors such as our founders, Wilhelm and Karl Maybach, and Rolls and Royce, we work to develop solutions that are fit for the future. These include our 10,000 kW diesel engine, our ecologically sound co-generation module, and our innovative injection systems.
- Conduct planned maintenance tasks up to QL3 level
- Undertake fault finding and repair when required using appropriate technical information (e.g. technical drawings and finding guides)
- Complete measurement calculations to agreed specifications
- Be proactive in the company's QM & H&S management processes
- Participate in 24/7 shift working including callout when required
- Experience of working on diesel engines
- Strong engineering and electrical background, ideally from automotive or off-highway industry
- Experience on hydraulics systems and ideally power generation
- Familiarity with diesel engines & control systems, ability to use both traditional and PC based diagnostics (not restricted to purely mechanical skills, so you will need to have reasonable electrical knowledge)
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact with other customers and suppliers
- Ability to undertake a physically demanding role and ability to work 24/7 shifts
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer power for life. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer