Innovate & Power the world
Due to growth in the area, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join our team as Workshop Engineer in East Grinstead.
You will conduct engine overhauls, repairs etc. to a high standard and all the tasks surrounding these responsibilities, with deployment capability to support field activities.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
MTU is one of the world's leading suppliers of drives and power systems for marine applications, for heavy land, rail and defence vehicles, and for the oil and gas industry. In the traditional spirit of pioneers and inventors such as our founders, Wilhelm and Karl Maybach, and Rolls and Royce, we work to develop solutions that are fit for the future. These include our 10,000 kW diesel engine, our ecologically sound co-generation module, and our innovative injection systems.
- Conduct maintenance and repair tasks up to QL3 level, conduct overhauls of subassemblies.
- Engine and component cleaning as required.
- Completion of relevant documentation and measurement calculations to agreed specifications.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles as required using the appropriate equipment e.g. forklift truck, crane
- Proactivity in the Company's QM & H&S processes
- Completed an industry recognised course (BTEC/C&G/equivalent) in an engineering related subject
- Strong field service and commissioning experience with reciprocating gas engines, CHP and control systems.
- Familiarity with diesel engines / generating sets and their control systems.
- Good mechanical and electrical competence / knowledge.
- Capability of using both traditional and PC based diagnostics.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer power for life. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer