System Management Scrum Master
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
This role is for a Scrum Master to join the EvO System Management (Manage) team responsible for facilitating and supporting some of the Manage teams in the design and development of the EvO System Management Application. EvO (Evolve to Open) is the first phase of the MORPHEUS program (a transformational programme to incrementally evolve future Army capabilities) which includes the transformation of BCIP (Bowman Capability Improvement Programme) to an open and flexible technical and business architecture.
The Scrum master for two of the Manage teams will focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work, to facilitate scrum ceremonies and to assist the product owner with keeping the backlog groomed. The scrum master will reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal and maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing The scrum master will ensure cross-team coordination; the Manage teams include System Engineers, Developers and Testers, fostering better communication between the disciplines The role will also include liaising between internal and external development teams, and taking responsibility for managing dependencies between some of the Manage teams and third parties or between the Manage teams and other programme scrum teams
Working within a SAFe 4.0 organisation, the scrum master will work closely with the RTE (Release Train Engineer) to ensure that the teams’ activities are coordinated with the wider international agile programme.
The successful candidate will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver outputs that meet customer needs to defined quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets
- Facilitating two cross functional System Management scrum team through a software design and development project in a scaled Agile environment
- Facilitating all scrum activities including daily scrum meetings, sprint planning and retrospective, and sprint review
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Removing road blocks for the teams and protect from internal and external distractions
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, ensuing transparency across the various teams and business using metrics and reporting tools
- Supporting the Product Owner, on grooming and maintaining the System Management product backlog.
- Management of Product Requirements
- Ensuring System Engineering processes are adhered to and contractual deliverables are delivered on time and to the required standard
- Broad understanding of software development good practice
- Good communicator and able to work co-operatively in a team environment.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools or equivalents: IBM DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert
- Ability to generate well-structured technical documents and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines.
- Ability to present at progress and system reviews and contribute productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholders
- Self-motivated demonstrating integrity, professionalism, flexibility, commitment and innovation
- Needs to be confident and professional when working with an external development team
- Understanding and experience of Tactical C4I Systems; knowledge of the BCIP system
- Understanding of Web Technologies (e.g. OData, HTTP, TLS, and REST)
- Scrum Master Certification
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.