Applied RF research scientist / engineer 5G
Job Title: Applied RF research scientist / engineer 5G
Salary: Competitive Salary - Experience Dependant
Closing date: 20th August 2018
NPL’s Electromagnetic Technologies Group is expanding its RF and microwave measurements team and is looking for a talented scientist or engineer who wishes to use their experience and knowledge to make a real impact that will help shape the future. The Group has a wide portfolio of work, both government and commercially funded, to develop and utilise measurement related research for the benefit of the UK. The main focus of the advertised role is in future communications (including 5G), RF electronics, on-wafer measurements, and mm-wave technology.
The work will involve undertaking research contracts for government, academia and industry, and will include new product development, presentations at international scientific conferences, publication in journals, tutorials, workshops, and inputs to standardisation bodies. The work will involve significant interaction with both national and international scientific collaborators and therefore will involve some national and international travel.
Skills and Background/Experience required
You will have:
• A good first degree in a relevant subject (e.g. electronic engineering or physics)
• A sound theoretical and practical understanding of Electromagnetics
• Excellent problem-solving skills, with a record of achievement in an R&D environment
• Strong communication skills (oral and written); including being able to present research results in peer-reviewed journals and at international conferences
• An ability to work as part of a team and focus on customers’ requirements.
Experience from some of the following would be advantageous:*
• A post-graduate research degree or industrial experience in electromagnetics, RF and microwave electronics, on-wafer calibration and measurement, electro-optics, multi-physics characterisation
• Practical work experience with test and measurement equipment
• Demonstrable experience with commercial computational electromagnetic modelling and analysis tools.
• Practical computer programming experience, such as Matlab, LabView, or similar tools
• Ability to develop and apply advanced research techniques to solve complex and difficult measurement challenges
• Preparation of R&D funding applications.
(* NB: the candidate does not necessarily require all these skills)
We will be interviewing throughout the campaign so please apply as soon as possible
For more information please contact Thalia Jones on 02089438760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Practitioner.