Optoelectronics Product Design Engineer
As a member of the Engineering team that provides technical design and layout expertise for both customer & internal- released & development products. Ensuring successful execution of changes and launching of new products and customer satisfaction. Contribute to the attainment of departmental goals/objectives, establishment of guidelines, documentation, planning/development for the advancement of the department.
API Technologies Corp. is committed to be a dominant provider of RF, microwave, microelectronics, and security technologies for critical and high reliability applications.
- To define, design & develop Opto electronic products for harsh environment applications
- Define and develop Opto electronics manufacturing processes
- Define and develop Opto electronics testing systems & methods
- Define and develop optical fibre interconnects
- Manufacture of prototype products
- Perform and report verification testing of prototype product
- Transfer products from NPI to Manufacture
- To undertake identified aspects of the design and development of new products
- To actively improve or optimise aspects of design, function or processing of existing key products.
- To support other departments with urgent issues relating to existing designs or testing, and to formulate effective solutions
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required to maintain and/or improve the efficiency, quality and service of the Engineering team
- Technical engagement with customers
- Technical engagement with design partners
- Occasional technical engagement with suppliers which may require visits to the suppliers place of business
- Engagement with all departments within API Microelectronics as necessary to carry out the duties outlined above.
Please note that in order to apply for API Technologies opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance. You must have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years. We do not offer Tier 2 sponsorship.