Microelectronics Sales Manager
- Salary £45-£50k
- Sales Incentive Compensation Plan (SIP) - Eligible to participate in SIP, participants are eligible for 20% of their base salary, which will be paid if target territory bookings and API billings are met or exceeded for the quarter.
- Car Allowance (£5k)
- Private Healthcare
The role of the Microelectronics Sales Manager (SM) has direct responsibility for sales and market share growth. The role will be directly accountable to deliver new sales revenues in accordance with the operational and strategic objectives of the company. Furthermore the SM shall identify and develop new revenue streams where the customers unmet needs and API’s capabilities can be aligned.
For all new opportunities generated the SM will be responsible for delivering information, in sufficient detail, to allow the business unit to prepare a timely and accurate detailed cost/bid proposal; this information should include any data relating to market price expectations, programme knowledge and future volume projections. The SM will ultimately be responsible for maximising the margin on all new business opportunities.
In the course of their duties the SM shall be expected to identify and present to the Head of Business Development and Sales any potential new revenue streams that may require investment in either manufacturing technology/process and/or new product development.
The role of Sales Manager will involve a considerable amount of travel domestically and International.
- All relevant potential Customers
- Key Suppliers
- Trade & Market Bodies
- Reps & Agents
- Product Line Team
- All external and internal Sales staff
- General Manager & Operations teams including, Engineering, Purchasing, Quality
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- New Business Generation as defined in the Company’s budget
- Sales planning and sales lead generation/qualification
- Pipeline generation and qualification
- Networking and development of good customer relationships.
- Positively promoting the API corporation and brand
- Delivery of Sales targets, accurate & timely monthly forecast data
- Producing customer visit reports & maintaining accurate customer based data.
- Plan customer visits; Significant customer facing time expected
- In conjunction with the Head of Business Development and Sales contribute in the formulation of the sales ‘bookings’ budget.
- Undertake Sales & Marketing Research to: -
- Identify potential new customers, programmes, products and markets.
- Plan visit campaigns to maximise number of contacts and efficiency of travel
- Maximise number of value add visits
- Keep abreast of market trends (both technical & economic)
- Ensure New Business Generation Targets are achieved
- Negotiate internally to maximise margins. Negotiate with customer sales price and T&C’s.
- Identify and advise the Head of Business Development and Sales and Senior Management of all new market opportunities, potential products and services.
- Communicate and appraise the Head of Business Development and Sales and Senior Management of all current market and competitive issues
- Produce company reports, as required.
- Maintain customer based data
- Provide accurate and timely forecast.
- Proactively manage new customer expectations through established processes.
- Assist with the company sales promotion activities, seminars, trade shows etc.
- Support the Head of Business Development and Sales in the execution of their duties.
- Undertake any reasonable task synonymous with your role.
- Strong Planning and Organising skills
- Proactive approach
- Punctual and well presented
- Personable with the ability to build trusting relationships.
- Ability to be a self-starter, work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to overcome objections and set-backs
- Effective Communicator
- Strong Customer Focus
- Creativity and Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Dealing with Change
- High degree of flexibility
- Experienced in Field Sales.
- Knowledge of Sales strategies and tactics.
- Advanced Opto-Electronics market experience.
- Understanding in the supply of commodity electronic components
- Knowledge and contacts in various electronics markets including Defence, Civil Aerospace, Space, Oil& Gas
- Advanced microelectronic modules & packaging techniques
- EMS / PCBA market
- RF & Microwave market
- Electronic system assemblies
Please note that in order to apply for API Technologies opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance. You must have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years. We do not offer Tier 2 sponsorship.
Apply for Microelectronics Sales Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly