Electronic Systems Engineer
Job Ref: 66188
Job Title: Electronic Systems Engineer
Salary: Competitive Salary - Experience Dependant
Closing date: 31st July 2018
NPL seeks an Electronics or Mechatronics Engineer to join a new team being formed in Glasgow. This new team will work alongside existing NPL colleagues in England as well as the international leading engineering faculty at the University of Strathclyde.
This role will suit an engineer with a background in measurement systems, as the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of precision sensors for a range of manufacturing industries. The role will form part of a self-supporting multi-disciplinary team of engineers covering a range of skills from mechanical design through to metadata and security standards for online databases. The focus of the team will be to build and install systems that allow manufacturers to build confidence in the data they can extract from their operations.
The team will be based at the University of Strathclyde (NPL’s strategic partner in Scotland). Flexibility to move between locations in and around Glasgow will be essential. The candidate must have the ability to work in the UK and be able to travel when required. The role will suit someone who is a self-starter, who enjoys working on multi-disciplinary teams and has a passion for manufacturing.
The candidate will:
• have a PhD or equivalent along with a good first degree in a relevant discipline
• have experience working within a R&D environment as well as commercial industry
• be able to demonstrate the ability to design, build and test electronic systems from first-principles
• experience programming FPGAs and writing embedded software
• be able to demonstrate experience of delivering work on time and within budget
• be happy working in a distributed, multi-disciplinary team environment
• be a highly motivated, self-starter
It would be an advantage for the candidate to have:
• Experience working with low noise electronics
• Experience working with optoelectronics/photonic systems
• Experience with high-speed electronics and/or signal processing
For more information please contact Thalia Jones on 02089438760 or email email@example.com
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Practitioner.