Electrical and Electronics Engineer
Fugro are the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain large structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. Working around the globe, predominantly in energy and infrastructure markets, we employ approximately 11,000 employees in around 60 countries. An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced Electrical and Electronics Engineer to join our Marine Geophysics Department.
Electrical and Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of electrical & electronic equipment systems, mobilising and commissioning the systems onto survey vessels and supporting ongoing operations of the equipment. Based in the Portchester Hampshire office and when required will include travel within coastal Western Europe and occasionally world-wide.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely alongside the other Fugro operations and engineering teams worldwide;
- Assist with vessel mobilisations of survey equipment in Portchester office and on site within UK & coastal Western Europe and occasionally if required worldwide;
- Undertake repairs and planned maintenance of equipment in Portchester office and when required within UK & Europe and occasionally if required worldwide;
- Supporting the ongoing operation and maintenance of electrical & electronic equipment deployed on survey vessels including diagnostic and troubleshooting of any technical issues the equipment displays;
- Prepare and test electrical & electronic equipment systems, compile detailed interfacing documents and connection diagrams in advance of mobilisation onto survey vessels;
- Prepare spares, tools and consumables for survey projects.
- Maintain all documentation related to the installation, calibration, servicing and repair of survey equipment per established Fugro procedures
- Test and evaluate survey prototypes in the workshop and at sea
- Manage, lead and provide training to other personnel in the department to, ensure that all reporting deliverables meet the project specification and Fugro quality standards.
Beneficial but not compulsory BSc, BEng, HND or BTEC Level 5 and above in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Good English language skills, verbal and written;
- High attention to detail, quality and safety;
- Able to manage own time and deliver to tight deadlines and follow project plans;
- Be motivated, practical and willing to go to sea for short durations;
- The ability to fault find, test, repair and interrogate electrical & electronic systems;
- Able to work flexible hours and to travel when required;
- Ability to interchange ideas and solutions with colleagues
The following attributes are desirable:
- Knowledge of electrical and hydraulic winch motor control systems;
- Knowledge of marine control systems;
- Working knowledge of, and ability to work to marine electrical standards;
- Technical lead experience when on site and on vessels;
- Able to design and modify electrical systems and document using CAD;
- Able to design and produce electrical schematics and PCB’s;
- Experience of micro controller development;
- Knowledge of good EMI/EMC management practices;
- Experience in oil and gas, ocean science or renewables industries;
Benefits for this Portchester based role include a competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days annual leave, private medical insurance.
Please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter, indicating your anticipated salary requirements, quoting reference 3801. Closing date for applications is 19 August 2018.
Fugro GB Marine Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications are judged on the relevant skills and experience of the candidate only.