Physicist in the field of particle detectors
Master's degree or PhD or equivalent relevant experience in the field of physics or a related field.
- Assembly and integration of detectors, in particular micro-pattern gaseous detectors; operation of particle detector test laboratories.
- Assembly and integration of infrastructure for detectors or experimental facilities, e.g. experience with high vacuum, gas and high voltage installations.
- Operation and support of experimental facilities, e.g. implementation (requirements, installation, logging) of interlocks and interlocked equipment (vacuum, HV, gas).
- Operation of experiments and experience with control and acquisition systems for experiments.
- Analysis and optimization of detector performance: fluent in handling large sets of data and analysis of experimental data.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind
- Demonstrating accountability: working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships cooperating constructively with others in the pursuit of team goals; balancing personal goals with team goals.
- Leading with strength and credibility: acting as role model and leading by example; using power and/or position in the interests of all.
- Spoken and written English: ability to draw-up technical specifications and scientific reports and to make oral presentations.
- Ability to understand and speak French in professional contexts.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 02.09.2018.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (3 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.