6 days left
- Job Type
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global manufacturer of precision instruments and services for use in laboratories and manufacturing. Our Royston site - Safeline X-ray, is a leading provider of contamination detection and quality control inspection equipment. Food, beverage and pharmaceutical manufacturers worldwide rely on our in-line x-ray inspection systems to protect the consumers and safeguard brand reputations, minimise the risk of expensive product recalls and help with regulatory compliance
We currently have a vacancy for a talented Applications Engineer to join the team.
Priority Roles and Responsibilities
- Gain in depth knowledge of the operation of X-ray inspection systems in order to assist with product development, continuous improvement, customer quotations, applications testing and analysis, and field issues.
- Support the Software and hardware development processes by acting as the end user and feeding back if requirements are understood.
- Support other functions with detailed technical input on new bids and during new platform development projects.
- Support Production team with development of Software and Hardware related SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Performance testing of software / hardware and product handling / reject systems and creation of associated data reference matrices.
- Assist in software/hardware issue resolution (root cause analysis).
- Support the Technical Author with input to new User and Technical Documentation
To be successful in this role you will have:
- An electrical or electronic educational background or equivalent (Degree qualified or City & Guilds 224, ONC or HNC in Electronics / Electrical Engineering).
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and electronic systems used in machinery.
- Experience of IT networking of machinery.
- Strong mechanical understanding (moving parts, motors, pneumatics, etc)
- Significant relevant field experience in the use of complex machinery with mechanical, software and hardware electronics content will be beneficial.
- Awareness of Quality systems (e.g. ISO 9001).
- Good abilities with MS Excel, Word & Powerpoint
The role will require occasional travel within the UK and overseas.
If you have a can-do attitude, a passion for understanding and delivering superior customer support and want to work for a global marketing leading organization please apply online and a member of our talent acquisition team will review your application