Electrical Systems Engineer
Prodrive Advanced Technologies is a performance engineering consultancy which delivers varied technical projects to different customers across a range of sectors, including; automotive, aerospace, military, research and development and marine. We accelerate understanding and take on challenges others shy away from.
This role is within the Electrical Systems team and we are looking for mid to senior level engineers. The role is primarily Electrical Systems Design but experience in Electronics Design can be beneficial. The projects are both challenging and varied, at Prodrive we believe there’s always way.
- Want to work on interesting, faced paced, technically challenging projects?
- Enjoy working on the full project from understanding the problem, developing concepts, doing the design and get involved in making things and testing them?
- Like to push the boundaries, be creative, be innovative and develop new solutions?
Deliver electrical and electronic systems including the following key activities:
- Design of electrical systems
- Preparation of electrical circuit schematics
- Design of wiring harnesses
- Specification and selection of electrical components including sensors, fuses, connectors and actuators
- Testing and evaluation of electrical components
- Systems integration
- Interfacing to vehicle networks (e.g. CAN)
- Validation of electrical systems
- Work with build technicians in the practical delivery of electrical systems including ‘hands on’ activities
- Got a degree or relevant experience in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Automotive Technology or a related subject
- Used VeSys or another electrical schematic / harness design software
- Produced electrical schematics & harness drawings for automotive, defence or aerospace projects
- Designed for EMC
- Designed for HV Vehicles
- Been “hands on”
- Diagnosed and corrected vehicle electrical problems including network interface issues
To apply for this opportunities, please click the apply button below which will take you to our careers website.