Frequency Design Engineer
Meggitt have an exciting opportunity for Radio Frequency Design Engineer to join our Polymers & Composites (MPC) family based from our Stevenage plant. The facility is a worldwide centre of excellence for airborne radome design and certification. As the subject matter expert in electromagnetic design you will be accountable for the specification assessment, product RF design and analysis and full scale RF test of new designs. Interaction is required with other development team members, quality assurance and production personnel to ensure the requirements of the complete product life-cycle are met.
- Derive system and RF requirements from high level requirements
- Technical support to new business acquisition process
- Simulate, design and test radomes with system antennas
- Support legacy systems already in manufacture
- Peer review colleagues work
- Act as lead engineer when allocated to do so on selected new product designs
- Ensure that designs are managed to meet internal and external customer requirements and AS9100 standards
- Degree (preferably higher degree) in electronic engineering, physics or equivalent
- Design of antennas and/or radome products (esp. aerospace and defence)
- Breadth of Radio Frequency design experience
- Use of simulation packages (e.g. CST Microwave Studio or Ansys HFSS)
- Practical implementation experience, including qualification and product acceptance testing
Key Words: RF, Radio Frequency, Electronics, Design, Simulate, Test, Build, Antennas, Aerospace, Defence, AS9100, Microwave Office, ADS, Engineer
Why Meggitt PLC?
Meggitt PLC is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Meggitt MPC are continuously looking for talented individuals to join our engineering family in areas of expertise Design, Stress, Materials, Composites, Manufacturing, Radio frequency and microwave cross our three sites Loughborough, Shepshed and Stevenage.
In return we offer the opportunity to develop innovation solutions for our global clients with a personalised development career path taking you career globally within Aerospace industry.
Apply for Frequency Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly