Knowledge Transfer Manager - Manufacturing
To grow the UK economy through a programme of networking activities which accelerates the delivery of innovation in the UK manufacturing sector.
Location: Home or office based working with significant UK travel and occasional international travel expected. (KTN have offices in London and Edinburgh)
Scope: KTN’s projects requiring manufacturing expertise including income growth activities.
The role will be based in the KTN Manufacturing team and will work with all teams across KTN to provide KTN expertise in manufacturing activities which improve UK manufacturing competitiveness . This will include working with colleagues and members of the KTN network to accelerate the delivery of UK innovation across a wide range of industrial sectors. There will be a particular emphasis on innovative digital technologies for manufacturing process development. The job holder will also be required to provide guidance on product development for manufacture.
• Support to KTN and Innovate UK /UKRI delivery plans.
• The needs and capabilities of manufacturing companies identified and recorded on the CRM and solutions developed for industry working with the KTN network.
• Leading on the delivery of workshops to address complex industrial challenges with attendance from senior members of staff from UK business and research organisations.
• The areas of interest and challenges of manufacturing businesses identified , and knowledge transfer activities defined which are required to address those challenges.
• Delivery of KTN reports and KPIs.
• Growing the network of stakeholders which recognise the paid service delivery capability of KTN.
• To lead and be a team member in specific tasks which exploit digital technologies in manufacturing .
• To develop and maintain knowledge of high growth potential businesses in manufacturing .
• To directly engage with businesses providing support through knowledge transfer, making relevant new connections, facilitating collaborations and mentoring applications for funding.
• To engage businesses with the UK research and innovation assets.
• To track progress of businesses to deter mine outcomes resulting from KTN interventions, seeking case studies and metrics (KPI) capture.
• To maintain a strong relationship with re levant counterparts in Innovate UK, UKRI and other relevant stakeholders.
• To plan and deliver dissemination, scoping and networking meetings, encouraging cross - sector involvement where possible.
• To seek opportunities for KTN, with potential for new revenue.
• To contribute to KTN w ide communications and projects, helping colleagues as required .
• To support KPI delivery and provide regular reporting of activity and outcomes.
Experience and qualifications
• Degree qualified with a relevant technical degree or equivalent with industrial or post graduate research experience.
• Demonstrated experience in manufacturing innovation development and implementation.
• Thorough understanding of the manufacturing industry and good personal connections to senior figures in a range of companies.
• Experience of working in projects to deliver innovation in a commercial environment .
• Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement, with a good profile and personal network in the innovation landscape.
• Awareness of the requirements, rights and obligations of grant funding is advantageous but not essential .
Competencies and Attributes
• This role requires a highly motivated, self - starting and results oriented individual with a good understanding of commercial issues or a desire and the ability to learn on the job.
• Must be a good communicator with well developed written and verbal skills, able to translate complex topics for a broad audience.
• Must be a good listener - able to interact with and understand the needs and capabilities of a wi de variety of clients.
• Flexible, reliable and adaptable with good interpersonal and time management skills.
• Comfortable working autonomously with little supervision or as a team member as required.
• Must be proficient in normal office software tools with excellent administrative and organisational skills.
• Sound knowledge across a range of technical and/or creative disciplines, and good numeracy.
• Holder of a driving licence, willingness to travel by public transport or by own car is required as this post involves considerable travel including overnight at times.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th August 2018
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK as sponsorship is not provided.
More searches like this
- Electronics Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Mechanical Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Other Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer