General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
This role is for a Software Engineer who is looking to apply and further develop their software development experience in a new and challenging environment.
The successful candidate will find themselves working on avionics programmes at various stages of the development lifecycle, applying modern software engineering techniques on existing and new programmes. The successful candidate will have language, domain knowledge and experience relevant to defence avionics embedded products.
The successful candidate must have good team working and interpersonal skills, and be able to show that their technical knowledge can be applied to achieve good quality output.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the development of company products to improve capability, effectiveness, and affordability.
The Software Engineer will undertake a range of activities, including:
- Participate in a programme development team
- Development of software design from system specifications
- Development of good quality code from the software design
- Support software integration and testing
- Produce technical documentation to support the software development lifecycle
Sufficient relevant software engineering and domain competence across most of the aspects captured below:
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle
- UML analysis and design
- Embedded software development, both with and without RTOS
- Ada 95/2012
- Software Configuration management and build control
- Experience of safety critical software development
- Formal methods
- Safety case development
- Unit Test
- Requirements capture, preferably with DOORS experience
- Linux development (deployment, device drivers)
- SysML design modelling
- RTCA DO-178C (or DO-178B)
- PowerPC and ARM processors, single and multi-core
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile development
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High levels of motivation, integrity and professionalism
- Flexibility, innovation and commitment to delivery
- Commitment to professionalism
- Candidates should have a degree level education, and some relevant experience, or equivalent. Professional registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) would be desirable.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.