Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of computer science or a related field.
- Development of application software; especially server-side with the Java ecosystem and the Spring Framework; experience with reactive programming is an asset but not mandatory.
- Re-use, refactoring, integration and porting of existing software.
- Knowledge and application of software life-cycle tools and procedures.
- Spoken and written English, with the ability to draw-up technical documentation and to make oral presentations.
- Knowledge of French or the willingness to acquire it rapidly would be an advantage.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 02.09.2018.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.