Full-Stack Software Engineer
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of computing, computer science or a related field.
- Experience designing architectural patterns of a medium web application (e.g. high-availability, efficient algorithms, well-designed APIs, and security).
- Track-record with system design (relational databases, asynchronous processing, search engines).
- Familiarity with complex (Open Source) projects and an Agile development approach.
- Initial experience leading a small team of junior developers.
- An understanding of front-end challenges (UI/UX, client-side application architecture) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and application of software life-cycle tools and procedures.
- Re-use, refactoring, integration and porting of existing software.
- Spoken and written English, with the ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or to make oral presentations.
- Knowledge of French or the willingness to acquire it rapidly would be an advantage.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 02.09.2018.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (3 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.