Main purpose of job
To carry our RF design work to develop new products and maintain existing designs. To provide information and analysis to support customer technical support requests and requests for quotation for new products.
- Use software and other tools to develop new product designs;
- Use software and other tools to maintain existing product designs;
- Participate in selection of manufacturing and assembly techniques;
- Maintain good records on design and design approach;
- Liaise with the Company’s sales team in support of quoting activities as directed by the HoEP;
- Provide technical support to test and measurement staff in the Microwave Laboratory;
- Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives;
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the HoEP.
- Experience of microwave frequencies above 8 GHz;
- Familiarity with EM simulation and modelling tools, particularly HFSS, COMSOL or CST;
- An appreciation of antenna theory and design;
- An appreciation of machining and mechanical assembly techniques;
- Excellent general IT skills, particularly using Microsoft Word, Excel and Access;
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Ability to use initiative, be proactive and work effectively as part of a team;
- Eligible to work in UK.
Apply for RF Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly