As configuration manager, you will be responsible for:
- The configuration (CERN layout) database of different accelerators at CERN ensuring quality and updating information.
- Evaluating requests for technical changes, interacting with different stakeholders of the projects and equipment owners to provide required justification and documentation for formal review and approval.
- Ensuring conformity of the actual modifications with the approved documents.
- Ensuring accuracy and consistency of the Facility Breakdown Structure in the Document Management System (EDMS).
- Verifying and updating documentation of electrical circuits and mechanical drawings in collaboration with the concerned groups.
- Checking that naming conventions and quality assurance rules are defined and applied to every item installed and contributing to the review of the naming conventions used in CERN accelerators.
- As a member of the configuration team of the Accelerator & Technology Sector, reviewing the processes and tools used for accelerators configuration at CERN and participating in their sustainability.
- Initial experience in configuration management or project management.
- Experience in using CAD software (Autocad or Catia V5).
- Experience performing SQL database queries would be an asset.
- Configuration and use of information management systems.
- Organisation, planning and control.
- Project management.
- Production of 2D drawings and 3D models: in particular the use of CAD software, such as Autocad and/or CATIAv5, SmarTeam.
- English: spoken and written, with the ability to draw up technical specifications and make oral presentations.
- French: the ability to understand and speak French in standard and/or routine situations.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 26.08.2018.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.