Test & Integration Engineer 110900BR
Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our Cyber Centre based in Greater Manchester. We develop software using a variety of Agile methodologies and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the entire team in a truly Agile environment. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position
Primary Objective: To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems as part of an Agile team.
- Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software delivery team
- Manage test environment(s), data and tool requirements
- Create and manage automation, both function and non-functional tests and deployment scripts
- Create and perform exploratory manual testing
- Contribute to the production of test documents as required
- Provide test reporting mechanisms
- Raise defects on the backlog and support the wider development team in their resolution.
- Be a bastion of Quality and help instil this in the team.
- Understanding of Agile development and demonstrable application of relevant test methodologies and toolsets.
- Test script development
- Experience of Automated Test Tools
- Experience of Non-Functional testing
- Experience of Exploratory testing
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Experience of TDD/BDD
- Monitoring and Logging tools and techniques
- Experience of Source Control tools
- Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Experience of scripting languages; Python, Perl
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Linux system administration skill
- Military or Government project background
- Knowledge of Information Security “best practice”
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. http://www.raytheon.com/Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites with free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.