Senior Test & Integration Engineer 110902BR
About the role…
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our rapidly growing Cyber Innovation Centre based in Greater Manchester. We have a number of vacancies at in our rapidly growing Test & Integration Team. We develop software using an Agile/Scrum methodology and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the developers in an integrated team environment. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position:
Basic Objective: Performing activities associated with integration, system and customer acceptance test phases of the system development lifecycle
- Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software development team
- Act as test & integration lead for small/medium programmes or subsystems within larger programmes
- Defining test environment and tool requirements
- Manage creation of automated and manual test scripts
- Produce test & deployment strategies and plans in compliance with customer project guidelines
- Produce deployment packages appropriate for
- Support estimation of test activities
- Support test team interactions with the wider development team and assist in the resolution of issues
- Support the development team at formal and artefact reviews as necessary
- Provide defect and code quality metrics to the programme
What we are looking for…
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, and demonstrable application of relevant Test methodologies and toolsets
- Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux.
- Experience of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Requirement verification and validation for software based systems
- Test specification development
- Test script preparation
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python, Perl
- Experience of Automated Test Tools such as Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Knowledge of developing in a high level language such as C++/Java
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Linux system administration skill
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. http://www.raytheon.com/Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites with free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
More searches like this
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Maintenance & Service Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Software & Hardware jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer