Product Owner 119020BR
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced Product Owner to provide customer engagement, product and service design and delivery capability to our Cyber business and customer projects. We have decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence.
The AVON applications delivery framework runs within Raytheon’s Cyber and Intelligence business alongside our Advanced Cyber Solutions Active Threat Hunting service business. Together the businesses provide software, managed and professional services across the entire cyber market.
Specifically, the role will involve taking ownership of the definition and delivery of user requirements for one or more of our present and future range of significant customer delivery projects on the account. It will also involve a significant amount of engagement with project colleagues and end customers to ensure that the resultant deliveries are fit for their intended purpose.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to operate and deliver demonstrable customer value at the forefront of Raytheon’s significant Cyber delivery and investment in the UK.
Provide a Product Owner role for one or more projects delivered by Raytheon under an applications framework. Specifically the role will call on the individual to:
- Create and deliver the vision, strategy and roadmap of your product(s).
- Work consultatively in Agile Development Teams, forming the bridge between customer requirements and technical delivery capability.
- Acquire suitable knowledge of the underpinning business need.
- Owns the product roadmap and the backlog.
- Passionately articulate your vision of what is to be built, clearly defining your priorities.
- Convey that vision to the Agile Development Team(s) and work with that team to continue to shape and inform that vision.
- Ensure backlog items are clearly expressed, understood, have value and priority.
- Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the Agile Development Team.
- Determine whether a product backlog item has been satisfactorily delivered.
- Take a data driven approach to change wherever possible.
- Push your team(s) to deliver early and often, closing your feedback loops as quickly as possible.
- Inform the journey to service.
In support of these duties, we would expect the individual to:
- Assess, plan, manage and prioritise user and customer requirements.
- Optionally perform feasibility analysis, scope projects, and work with the project management team to prioritise deliverables and negotiate on product features.
- Work with the Business Analyst function to elicit requirements.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to assess information needs and functional requirements e.g. functional requirements, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs.
- Display strong analytical and product management skills to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and project delivery team.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Work closely with development team colleagues and project organisations to execute implementations to maximum effect.
- Participate actively in Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functional Testing.
Mandatory Requirements, Skills & Experience
- Formal Agile and Scrum training and demonstrable experience in the Product Owner role.
- Suitable tooling experience, e.g. DOORS, Atlassian suite.
- Sound understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and time boxed developments – including understanding the value of this method in relation / comparison to waterfall processes and methodologies. (e.g. Visualising progress, Retrospective formats, handling bugs etc).
- Strong practical understanding and experience of the fundamentals of Agile software development processes and procedures.
- Strong delivery ethos, backed up by evidence.
- Excellent customer relationship management, communication and mentoring skills. The ability to converse on both technical and non-technical levels.
- A high level of business acumen and ability to both quickly acquire a deep understanding of customer needs and how these may be best satisfied.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive, self-motivated, logical and objective.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and mentoring skills.
- DV security cleared or the ability to become DV security cleared.
Desirable Requirements, Skills & Experience
- Experience and training in Business Analysis, User Research and User Experience methods is of interest.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Safe, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, Story mapping, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.