General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The primary purpose of the role is to build and lead the Technical/Engineering team, and associated capability, necessary to enable successful service delivery in support of continued operation of a fixed and deployed communications equipment system.
The Technical Director will be accountable for delivery of the GD technical scope of work and for providing the technical interface to the key suppliers such that the overall technical team meets, or exceeds, the contractual KPI’s.
The role will include international travel for extended period of times.
Overarching responsible for:
- All technical aspects of the Programme Future Support contract
- Provision of technical support resources at L3/4 for service delivery, including
- Technical Advice to the Programme
- Support to the NDA
- Support to New Works PM in
- Scoping, planning, solution development and pricing of new work items
- Implementation and handover to Service Delivery Manager
- Co-create and sustain a collaborative High Performance Culture and environment within the programme team.
- Providing technical/engineering leadership capability into the programme team to facilitate successful execution of the contract.
- Create the necessary Engineering delivery and governance frameworks and infrastructure.
- Ensure delivery of the technical/engineering element of the Knowledge Transfer plan.
- Ensure timely and clear communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in Service design and delivery using ITIL and ESM, or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience/competence.
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence across a range of Technical Services that may include Professional Design Services, Transition To Service, User Training, In Service Support, Logistics, R&O
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in the Tactical Communications domain, or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience/competence.
- Demonstrable experience/competence in Leadership & Management of Engineering teams/activity.
- A demonstrable ability to think at the systems level and innovate.
- A demonstrable ability to build effective relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent analysis and decision making skills.
- A willingness to learn and develop any gaps in experience/competence
- Degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Demonstrable experience in a customer facing, delivery focused role that aligns to the above knowledge, skills and abilities
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.