Chief Systems Engineer
Come and work with us the “TT Way” which means we do the right thing, bring out the best in each other, achieve more together, champion expertise and get the job done…well! With approximately 5000 colleagues we operate from 28 locations around the world. Building the expertise of our people is critical to the future success of our organisation.
TT Electronics is a global provider of engineered electronics. We collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer we encourage all our people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
TT Electronics is in the process of establishing an Advanced Technology Centre (ATC) on site at Nottingham University Innovation Park. The role will be part of a fast growing team at our ATC, where you’ll be leading the way for engineering with the design and development of new value-added products and technologies for our Power Electronics division. In response to current customer demand, the ATC will initially focus on power solutions for the Aerospace and Defence market; supporting the drive towards ‘the more electric aircraft’ by developing smaller, lighter and more power efficient solutions.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP of Technology, this is a new role in TT’s soon-to-be-created Advanced Technology Centre. Responsible for all aspects of the design/ development of advanced power systems used in a wide variety of Aerospace power converters, this role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of an exciting new team servicing top tier customers. As the ATC develops, it will grow to support the organisation globally. The ideal candidate will have the potential to grow with the ATC.
- Develop and maintain the TT Electronics technology roadmap.
- Mentor and motivate all technical staff
- Primary technical interface with customers / prospective customers.
- Strong relationship with customers, suppliers and academia.
- Responsible for all quality aspect and regulatory compliance of products.
- Technical proposal editing and final approval.
- Resolution of all technical disputes with customers or team members.
- Creation of well-defined high level work packages and seek agreement with engineering manager.
- Support the engineering manager with recruitment of technical staff.
- Final approval of all qualification test plans, procedures and test results.
- Chairman of all design reviews
- Responsible for quality control checks, ensuring the safety and effectiveness or reliability of the system or product.
- Engineering integrity - ensuring that product design integrity and performance issues are properly addressed.
- Technical leadership of all aspect of power converters. Electrical, mechanical, environmental and magnetic aspect of all TT aerospace power conversion products.
- Editor and signatory of all design manuals.
- Chair Person of product integrity meetings.
- Continued personal development of your professional and technical knowledge; attending seminars or workshops; review of trade papers and publications; frequent review and comparison of industry standards, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254 etc.;
- Joining of trade associations; development of good working relationships with customers, suppliers and academia.
- Responsive team leader; Provide well thought out responses to engineering questions and requests.
- Providing supportive advice, coaching and mentoring technicians and junior engineers.
- Co-responsible with the engineering manager for the review of the skills matrix.
- Capable of performing any mechanical engineering task when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
Required Technical Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of power converters and their use in Aerospace applications
- Advanced knowledge of multiple topologies
- Simulation Modelling Experience (Preferred; SABER)
- Mathematical modelling (Preferred; MATHCAD)
- Schematic Capture Experience (Preferred; Altium)
- Development Testing Experience
- VB/VBA Knowledge
- Requirements Analysis
- General Production Knowledge.
- Be able to undertake occasional travel both in the UK and Overseas
- To develop personally and grow within the organization
- To actively promote TT Electronics
- UK security clearance, or capable of obtaining one