As an Electrical Engineer in the Electrical Network Maintenance (MT) Section, you will manage low voltage equipment, in particular Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, DC battery-based power systems and 400/230 V metal-enclosed indoor switchboards of modular design, throughout the whole equipment lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and/or commissioning and maintenance of specific high or low voltage equipment using power electronics (e.g. UPS systems, rectifiers, inverters, etc.).
- Demonstrated theoretical and practical knowledge of low voltage networks, switchboards and low voltage distribution systems.
- Proven experience in the establishment of quality assurance plans, policies and procedures.
- Experience in the design, operation and maintenance management of high or low voltage power networks and components (e.g. switchgear, transformers, UPS systems, diesel generators, etc.) for a large industrial site would be an asset.
- Specification and follow-up of technical aspects of a contract.
- Construction, test and commissioning of electrical circuits and networks.
- Design and modelling of high-voltage electrical circuits and networks.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 05.09.2018.