Radiation Protection Technician
As a Radiation Protection Technician, you will contribute to operational radiation protection in radiation areas, and notably, you will:
- Assess radiological risks at work places in accelerator tunnels, experimental areas, laboratories, storage areas and workshops in CERN.
- Perform radiation measurements in various, static and dynamic high energy, multi-particle radiation fields.
- Perform work and dose planning, elaborate safety measures and working procedures.
- Evaluate, analyse and follow up operational dosimetry data.
- Prepare and supervise radiation protection aspects of dismantling projects.
- Prepare written reports on a regular basis.
- Perform spectroscopy measurements.
- Demonstrated experience in operational radiation protection, radiation protection instrumentation and legislation.
- Proven skills in documenting radiological risk assessments and measurements.
- Experience with radiation-generating instruments, eg X-ray generators.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework and best practice in radiation protection.
- Knowledge of dosimetry in mixed radiation fields.
- Knowledge of personal dosimetry.
- Extensive knowledge of measurement techniques for ionizing radiation.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 09.09.2018.