CAD and PLM Technical Engineer
As a CAD and PLM Technical Engineer you will be a key member of the CAD Service team providing CERN's engineering design community with a wide range of applications in an integrated engineering data management environment.
- Assist CAD and PLM users by providing support, disseminating best practices and resolving problems around the CAD and PLM tools. Typical application areas include CAD Data Management and CAD methodologies.
- Create and document guidelines and best practices and contribute to training the CAD user community.
- Collaborate with CERN's design offices to improve both the tools and services provided.
- Produce technical documentation as well as customize and participate in the development of applications provided.
- Contribute to the project of replacing SmarTeam with a new PDM/PLM tool for CERN's CAD data management.
- Demonstrated experience of using mechanical CAD tools, in particular CATIA V5.
- Demonstrated experience with providing user support, as well as technical support and troubleshooting of applications.
- Demonstrated experience with PLM/PDM systems, knowledge of SmarTeam is an asset.
- Production of 2D drawings and 3D models: using CATIA V5 and relevant standards.
- Capturing and analysis of requirements for ICT systems: pLM and CAD tools.
- Use of scientific and engineering software packages: product Lifecycle Management.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 05.09.2018.