Electronics Repair Engineer
7 days left
- Job Type
Overview of role
Transport for London has a wide range of electronic equipment which helps keep London moving. We reverse engineer, diagnose, repair and maintain electronic equipment spanning decades, working on new items from 2018, going back through every decade up to the 1950s.
We are currently recruiting for an Electronics Repair Engineer (Electronics Craftsman) to join our new Electronics Workshop at the Railway Engineering Workshop in Acton. This Engineer needs to be able to apply their transferable skills to an ever-changing array of equipment.
The Engineer will be responsible for the reverse engineering, fault-finding and repair of electronic equipment used on Rolling Stock and signalling equipment, as well as other areas of the TfL network. We are looking for someone who has a strong working-knowledge of electronics theory and depth of practical experience on a wide range of designs and applications.
- Reverse engineer, diagnose, maintain, repair and test faults on electronic equipment to component level.
- Read, understand and act in accordance with engineering drawings, circuit diagrams and specifications.
- Assess components/equipment and repair with the appropriate material.
- Examine and test equipment and components to ensure these are to the required standard and are fit for use.
- Sign off equipment as fit for purpose.
- Prepare fault reports for all investigations and work undertaken.
Essential - Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with Electronics.
- Mixture of practical Analogue and Digital knowledge.
- Extensive experience of working from circuit diagrams.
- Served a relevant apprenticeship (or higher qualification) or be able to demonstrate appropriate theory, knowledge, practical skills and experience.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience of preparing fault reports.
- Desirable: experience of repair and design of electronics for harsh environments (transport, military, aerospace etc).
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme.
- Free travel for you on the TfL network.
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan.
- 30 days’ annual leave plus public and bank holidays.
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional).
- Tax-efficient childcare payments.
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme.
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers.
- Discounted Eurostar travel.
On applying, you will need to supply your CV and a two page covering letter.
To apply please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: Monday 27 August 2018 @ 23:59.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.