Rolls Royce Submarines are looking for talented Mechanical Engineers to join the ranks within Primary Component Operations. We are looking for experienced Engineer's to join us at our state of the art site based in Derby.
We have several opportunities available in our specialist Design areas such as Pressure Vessels, Rigs, Installations, Valves, Components and Tooling. Within your role you will be designing and substantiating your own work, as well as managing the manufacture and delivery of the special to product tooling in line with programme commitments and to budget.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
- Following the design process, from the requirements capture through to concept, final design, manufacture, development and implementation.
- Preparing technical documentation.
- Liaising with both internal and external suppliers to ensure equipment is supplied is accordance with project requirements.
- Leading the generation of detailed requirements with the customer and identified stakeholders.
- Work to codes and standards to meet regulations.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or similar relevant discipline, although past experience and capability will be taken into consideration.
- Technical understanding of mechanical design, design substantiation, and engineering governance.
- Sound knowledge of engineering principles, including design for manufacture, design for assembly and maintenance, Health and Safety, environmental awareness.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary dependent on experience.
- As a Rolls Royce employee you will receive exceptional benefits including - bonus, employee discounts and flexible working.
- 33 days annual leave to support your work/life balance.
- Enrolment to our Company Pension Scheme.
- Development opportunities aligned to support and drive your career.
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to full UK security clearance