Job Ref: 2820
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Culham, Oxfordshire
Salary: £44,959 to £50,272 (inclusive of MPP) + excellent benefits including outstanding pension scheme
Closing date: 22nd September 2018
Are you an experienced project engineer with excellent communication and influencing skills?
Do you have a background in mechanical building services (HVAC) with a relevant degree or equivalent qualification?
Do you have substantial knowledge and industry experience working on containment ventilation systems?
The UK Atomic Energy Authority have an excellent opportunity for a Building Services biased Project Engineer to join their team within the Engineering Support Department. The team consists of circa 10 employees and is responsible for the installation, modification and through-life assurance of nuclear and industrial ventilation and air conditioning systems across the UKAEA estate at Culham.
Key accountabilities/responsibilities include:
-Production of initial concept designs and technical assessments.
-Production of Technical Specifications.
-Planning and managing procurement and contracts through to delivery on-site.
-Preparing procedures and risk assessments for assembly, installation, commissioning and maintenance tasks.
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
For further information on why UKAEA is a great place to work please review our recruitment video via the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77D3F3ILl98
For full details on the role, UKAEA and our benefits please download the application pack by clicking the apply button.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Minimum of HND or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Knowledge and experience of plant design, including applicable Codes and Standards
- Project management/engineering experience
- High standards of written communication, including technical reports/specifications.
- Membership of a Professional Engineering Institution.
- Knowledge of HVAC control systems.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems
There is a requirement to work in active areas and with hazardous materials.
There is an occasional requirement to be available for on-call duties or work extended hours/weekends.
- Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
- Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.