Lead CAD Draughtsman
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) part of Centrica, is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public-sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
CBS (Europe's leading CHP supplier) is recruiting and currently looking to fill the position of Lead CAD Draughtsman at our manufacturing facilities in Salford, Manchester.
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits package + bonus
Responsible for producing 2D and 3D CHP design solutions for distributed generation products. Responsible for the solution development for distributed energy units for our industrial and commercial clients. Support product through its lifetime from production - commissioning - service. To provide information pertinent to manufacturing including assembly diagrams and BOM's. Accountabilities will involve, but not be limited to:
- Deliver industry leading energy generation solutions for industrial and commercial customers, working alongside technical engineering teams
- Ensure all work is achieved within agreed timescales, cost constraints and quality standards
- Work to P&ID diagrams to provide a to fully detailed 3D/2D general arrangement, assembly drawings and detailed/dimensioned fabrication drawings for the CHP system (e.g. bedframe, pipework, enclosure etc.)
- Liase with new product development product and CEI teams to produce fully detailed model/design as well as create a BOM using the inhouse parts management software and standard company approach
- Be able to work on the full range of products ranging from 35kWe to 2.5MW, internal units, universal range, large scale containers and power generation
- Carry out on going updates and improvements; support new designs in production and carry out any modifications as necessary to GA, parts, detailed drawings and BOM's.
- Project manage improvement projects involving other departments as required
- Implement Change Notifications for updating CHP designs
- Consider and implement new and emerging technologies
- Investigate and implement improvements in safety, quality, manufacturability, cost and lead time
- Develop CHP costings for Product design outputs (equipment costs) for cost model update
You will hold a HND in Mechanical Engineering (or related subject) as a minimum and have extensive experience in AutoCAD 2D and AutoCAD Inventor 3D, ideally linked to the manufacturing of products. You will also have a working knowledge of BOMs and parts management systems for manufacturing. Other key competencies:
- Good time management skills with track record of project/design delivery to plan
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Office and factory parts management systems
- Proactive and collaborative self-starter with a high level of problem solving skills
- High level of numeracy skills
- Awareness of British and International Standards
- Knowledge of fabrication and protective finish processes
- Awareness of H&S legislation including any site-specific regulations