Senior Mechanical Engineer
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
We have countless skilled people working behind the scenes to keep our airport running smoothly. Engineers and technicians help us keep our passengers and planes moving. It’s meaningful, wide-reaching work. From water to energy, rail to roads, our engineering and asset management teams work across the airport on a huge range of development, construction, facilities management and maintenance projects; from our driverless cars to our biomass energy plant.
Engineering Maintenance is critical to the day-to-day running of the airport – we’re committed to keeping our passengers, colleagues and airport running. Join us as a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Engineering team, and you will be providing key support and leadership to a vital part of Heathrow.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your role will involve:
- Managing the development and upkeep of asset plans and asset standards that reflect asset systems strategies
- Developing a thorough, quantified understanding of how our assets perform in terms of life cycle cost, service performance and risk.
- Creating a continuous improvement plan for the assets under considerations that are aimed at improving short, medium and long-term performance.
- Ensuring the business is aware of the likelihood and size of the risks posed to the business by each asset system, ensure they have appropriate plans in place to manage those risks.
- Providing expert engineering support to the development and maintenance teams to ensure assets are fit for purpose.
We’re looking for people who have:
- A qualification in a relevant discipline or demonstrable experience and expertise
- Good knowledge and strong experience or maintenance practices, methodologies and strategies.
- Experience in a specialist area would be advantageous
- Experience in developing business cases, ability to translate data and technical knowledge in a meaningful way to demonstrate strong business benefits
- A good understanding of whole life cost principles and experience of their application
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.
Our plans are ambitious ones. And our people equally so. That’s why we recognise and value the contribution that everyone makes. In return we offer great benefits. These include our employee assistance programme, pension, healthcare and travel offers, plus a wide range of development opportunities to take your career further. #LI-POST