Senior Engineer - Civils - Part Time
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
We have countless skilled people working behind the scenes to keep our airport running smoothly. Engineers and technicians help us keep our passengers and planes moving. It’s meaningful, wide-reaching work. From water to energy, rail to roads, our engineering and asset management teams work across the airport on a huge range of development, construction, facilities management and maintenance projects; from our driverless cars to our biomass energy plant.
Engineering Maintenance is critical to the day-to-day running of the airport – we’re committed to keeping our passengers, colleagues and airport running. Join us as a Senior Civil Engineer (Part-Time) in our Engineering team, and you will be providing key support and leadership to a vital part of Heathrow.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Providing technical knowledge and support to operational teams within function and wider organisation to ensure a robust asset management strategy.
- Developing a thorough and quantified understanding of how our assets perform in terms of life cycle cost, service performance and risk.
- Ensuring the asset system strategies, [plans and standards are understood and applied effectively within the business.
- Providing expert engineering support to the development and maintenance teams to ensure the assets, as designed and operated, are fit for purpose.
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- An incorporated engineer in a relevant discipline, or expected to achieve incorporated status within 12 months of appointment
- Able to provide technical support, knowledge and experience to the operational teams to deliver against asset plans and strategy
- Strong in analytical skills with proven ability to use data and judgement effectively to drive continuous improvement and develop robust solutions to business problems.
- Experienced in developing contingency plans and resilience analysis within large operational organisations
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality. #LI-POST