Senior Engineer Electrical (Part-Time)
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
We have countless skilled people working behind the scenes to keep our airport running smoothly. Engineers and technicians help us keep our passengers and planes moving. It’s meaningful, wide-reaching work. From water to energy, rail to roads, our engineering and asset management teams work across the airport on a huge range of development, construction, facilities management and maintenance projects; from our driverless cars to our biomass energy plant.
Engineering Maintenance is critical to the day-to-day running of the airport – we’re committed to keeping our passengers, colleagues and airport running. Join us as a Senior Engineer – Electrical (Part-time) in our Engineering team, and you will be providing key support and leadership to a vital part of Heathrow.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Providing technical knowledge and support to operational teams within function and wider organisation to ensure a robust asset management strategy
- Owning the development and upkeep of asset plans and asset standards that reflect the system strategies, whilst developing detailed maintenance and asset renewal plans.
- Provide professional leadership to engineers aligned to this discipline. Support the business with technical investigations, addressing internal and external recommendations.
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- Thorough understanding and strong experience of maintenance practices, methodologies and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to use data and judgement effectively to drive continuous improvement and develop robust solutions.
- Experience in developing contingency plans and resilience analysis with a large organisation.
- Relevant asset management qualification coupled with knowledge of whole life cost principles.
- The ability to influence at all levels of an organisation to drive overall agenda for asset management.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality. #LI-POST