Would you like to help shape the future product development of combat systems for Naval warships? We currently have a vacancy for a Business Analyst at our site in either Portsmouth or Frimley.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for carrying out business analysis in relation to the operational employment of Naval Combat systems. You will contribute towards the development of
our current and future product range. The role will involve lots of stakeholder engagement, including with academia, suppliers and the customer.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to consider and shape future combat systems offerings for the UK Navy and worldwide customers.
Your main responsibilities as a Business Analyst will involve:
Undertaking business analysis, with an operational maritime focus, to achieve the programme goals and objectives, in particular:
- Undertaking maritime operational analysis in the maturation of future vignettes, constraints, concepts of employment and defence lines of development impacts
- Supporting collaboration with third parties e.g. civilian agencies, military doctrine development agencies and other BAE Systems business units
- Supporting maritime future system operational context analysis in collaboration and liaison with MOD stakeholders and concepts centre and Navy Command for functional capability, operational deployment planning, employment and management matters
When appropriate and available;
- Supporting the generation of user and system requirements, system and concept design, technical risks (ARM), and the necessary artefacts to accompany the future capability analysis
- Supporting system development and modelling and simulation work packages in order to maintain alignment with the future concept assessments
Your skills and qualifications as a Business Analyst:
Experience gained from one of the following (or closely related) backgrounds:
- Business analysis/market analysis experience within civilian transport networks domain (e.g. civil aviation, radar, distributed data systems, maritime sea traffic, coastal radar surveillance or railway traffic management)
- Operations planning within a military role (e.g. warfare officer, warrant officer or senior rate)
Knowledge of the maritime defence industry/ products and conduct of maritime operations
What we're looking for in you:
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, alongside the ability to build effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders. You must also have the ability to present and articulate analytical findings in both written and verbal formats.
Location: Portsmouth (Hampshire) or Frimley (Surrey)
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries
We design, develop, integrate and provide through-life support to naval combat systems that enable navies to protect nations. Vital information from ship sensors such as radar and sonar, are captured through our core product, the Combat Management System. This advanced technological capability allows ships crews to rapidly respond to potentially life threatening situations.
In using this cutting-edge technology, we are at the forefront of defence system integration. Our products feature across the Royal Navy's surface fleet aboard Type 23 frigates, Type 45 destroyers and Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers. The new Type 26 Global Combat Ships, under construction by BAE Systems in Glasgow, will also use the next generation of our combat systems.
We pride ourselves on being the combat systems integrator of choice, not only integrating our own products, but those of other defence companies too in delivering combat systems for both the Royal Navy and international customers.
We offer significant opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop with us. The health and well-being of our employees matters to us and that's why we offer the flexibility for you to do what's important to you, whether that's part time hours, job sharing, home working, or simply the ability to flex your start and stop times. Where practical, we'll support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your full potential.