Simulation Developer (EP-SFT-2018-94-LD)
Master's degree or PhD or equivalent relevant experience in the field of physics or computing engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborative development of C++ code for High Energy Physics.
- Experience in analysis of user requirements and collaboration with the users of the simulation code.
- Experience in comparing simulation and real data using advanced statistical methods.
- Experience in programming high performance CPU architectures would be an advantage.
- Experience as a developer or as a user of the Geant4 toolkit would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of programming techniques and languages: proficiency in the C++; experience in high performance CPU architectures would be an advantage.
- Development of application software: development of MonteCarlo codes for HEP experiments for fast or detailed simulation.
- Knowledge and application of statistical and numerical mathematical methods: advanced statistical analysis algorithms required by the MonteCarlo simulations.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: thinking 'out of the box' and proposing fresh ideas, insights and methodologies.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point.
- Spoken and written English with the ability to draw-up technical specifications and scientific reports and to make oral presentations.
- Knowledge of the French language or the willingness to acquire this rapidly would be an advantage.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 09.10.2018.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.