Engineering Senior Procurement Officer
As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking to recruit an Engineering Senior Procurement Officer to join our Engineering Supply Chain team. You will be responsible for procurement and delivery of complex electro mechanical systems and equipment in UK and overseas, against short lead times, to achieve business goals and objectives, whilst building relationships with suppliers to ensure long term cost reduction and delivery.
- Responsibility for key product stream within Ocado Engineering – both first and second tier suppliers
- Development, co-ordination and management of key suppliers
- Report relevant supplier KPIs and drive performance
- Ensure delivery schedules stay on plan, budget and meet specified Quality standards
- Expand Supplier base to satisfy international and scale requirements of future business needs.
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating supply chain challenges
- Take ownership of supply issues, resolving them in line with business need
- Recommend and implement process improvements to improve Supply Chain robustness.
- Communicate with project stakeholders to ensure alignment of projects and expectations.
- Drive best practice in Supply Chain and deliver continuous improvement
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Good track record of component sourcing and supply chain scaling within Europe and worldwide including legal contract management
- Proven track record in effective supplier development and management
- Experience of sourcing and procuring electro mechanical equipment in Engineering environment.
- Although based at our Hertfordshire head office, you will be expected to travel to sites both in the UK and abroad
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering company procurement strategies
- Ability to work in dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ERP software
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Qualification at higher national or degree level
- CIPS or equivalent qualification