Senior Test Engineer 122295BR
Raytheon UK is seeking an experienced tester to become the Senior Tester as part of a programme engineering team to assess and deliver systems within the Defence Intelligence domain. Reporting to the Capability Sustainment Support (CSS) Manager, the role is to co-ordinate and lead the test activity within the In Service Support (ISS) Service Transition Team and deliver staged testing and subsequent customer acceptance of a large and complex system of systems rollout in the defence and intelligence domain for the MoD customer, interfacing with the Delivery Team.
The Senior Tester will be responsible for executing against the established test strategy and plans, whilst overseeing the production and reviewing of system and subsystem test scripts.
Involvement in the planning of the acceptance and integration of components delivered by Raytheon UK and partner organisations is expected, as this will lead to the progressive build of Integration Tests into complete Systems tests. Liaising with the Requirements Manager, the successful candidate is expected to take ownership of the requirements verification, test strategy, planning and execution. The role will require UK DV security clearance, be based across three sites (Harlow, near Huntingdon and in West London) and may involve some travel to the USA.
The main tasks of this role include:
- Accountable to the CSS Manager for delivering to cost and schedule
- Collate and provide evidence that each release will deliver expected outcomes, validate fitness for purpose and provide assurance for fitness for use
- Ownership of the following deliverables:
- Acceptance strategy ensuring contractual/requirements traceability with the Requirements Manager who owns the C-SRD, helping ensure the requirements are correctly and explicitly defined so that they can be tested
- Integrated Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plan (ITEAP) Contract Deliverable (CDRL)
- Liaison with the Requirements Manager to ensure the currency of the Verification, Validation and Requirements Matrix (VVRM) CDRL
- Acceptance Specifications CDRL
- Defect capture and resolution process and Defect database Interface with the transition, design and operations teams, subcontractors, users and customer stakeholders in order to implement the integration, test and acceptance activities
- Represent CSS Manager at customer and user workshops, meetings and milestone reviews
- Plan and manage the main customer acceptance events Identify, assess and address issues, errors and risks throughout Service Transition
- Develop, maintain and execute automated and manual test scripts for requirement validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing such e.g. Selenium
- Knowledge of tools and processes used for IV&V of complex IT systems
- Demonstrable experience in planning and managing system integration testing and customer system acceptance
- Ability to conduct and moderate requirements and acceptance workshops with the customer, supplier and engineering teams
- Experience of the integration and testing of large, complex and secure systems using phased testing to include acceptance of deliverables from internal teams and subcontractors
- Experienced verifying test plans and scripts from these deliverable subsystems adequately satisfy the compliance with flowed down requirements
- Experience of MoD IT Security environments and requirements (JSP440)
- Knowledge of test plans for Systems and Acceptance testing and subsequently mapping the relevant requirements to test scripts / scenarios for customer acceptance
- Expertise in the integration and configuration of COTS and bespoke software to meet defined system requirements
- Knowledge of the integration of computer hardware, web services and networking in a secure environment
- Experience at tracking and reporting progress against the schedule of the test and acceptance deliverables and testing activities
- Experience in the defect management process on a large multi-system and multi-team project to ensure timely and prioritised fixes are received and all stakeholders are informed of status
- Solid background is software and system of systems integration and testing
- Good experience of software and systems engineering principles gained on large, complex and secure systems
- Proven track record in integration, testing and acceptance of complex IT systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eligibility to obtain or current holder of DV security clearance
- Experience of working an IT Infrastructure Framework
- Experience of the Selenium software testing framework for web applications.
- BSc in an Engineering, Scientific or Mathematical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience of testing on Windows and Linux based systems;
- Knowledge of virtualised systems
- ISTQB - Advanced Test Manager trained
- Experience of testing distributed IT architectures in a classified environment
- Knowledge and test experience of GIS, Image processing and map production software
- Knowledge of validating Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to enforce a set of security requirements
- Experience of commercial and government IT Security environments and requirements
- Knowledge of safety aspects – JSP480
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.