Systems Integration Engineer
Raytheon is a leader in Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems, combining sensors and advanced networks to create entirely new ways of perceiving the world. Our Defence Intelligence Solutions (DIS) business is an industry leader in Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and a trusted partner for MOD. Over the past 30 years, Raytheon has developed a deep understanding of Defence Intelligence missions through its involvement in multiple UK and international programmes, and has the domain knowledge and mission understanding crucial to the success of our customers. In recent years, Raytheon has partnered with MOD to successfully overcome challenges and complexities. Raytheon's culture is that we stand firm on our customer commitments - we will deliver.
The programme is a very dynamic, information technology-focused effort with multiple subcontractors supporting an operationally oriented customer with numerous mission critical demands. The systems include a collection of infrastructure components of servers, storage, workstations, networking and printers, and also a number of image analysis, processing, storage and retrieval software solutions. The systems are deployed across a number of sites in the UK with a mobile field deployed component for use in the UK and abroad.
Summary of Role
The chosen engineer will perform activities in the component integration, system testing and customer acceptance phases of the system development lifecycle. Experience gained within a Government or military project background is an advantage. An understanding of the impact of Information Security on solutions across different classifications would be useful.
The successful candidate will support the integration and test of the new Defence Intelligence systems including COTS components, bespoke application code, supporting infrastructure and network components. They will have responsibility for the verification of an allocated component area, designing and then executing the integration plan and any related systems tests. The Systems Integration & Test Engineer will be familiar with building COTS infrastructure, networks and applications.
The role is within the site based Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance team. There will be significant customer and subcontractor exposure through formal project meetings and work groups; candidates must be comfortable with collaborative working to develop an overall integration and test strategy.
- Work within a multidisciplinary Agile team to deliver Geospatial Intelligence systems to MoD Customers
- Implementing the detailed design by building Windows servers, Windows workstations, configuring storage, network switches, installing COTS applications
- Researching and resolving system integration issues and other system defects
- Integration of COTS and any bespoke software applications
- Implementation of the security requirements through Active Directory policies, configuration of security software and writing System Operating Procedures
- Locking down the system and generated Microsoft Group Policy Objects
- Preparing and executing test and acceptance plans
- Writes discrepancy reports and performs integration regression testing to verify/validate; incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems
- Requirements elicitation and decomposition with the team, customer and users
- Good experience of software and systems integration engineering principles
- Proven track record in the integration and testing of IT HW & SW within complex network solutions
- Experience in the installation and configuration of Windows Server 2008/2012 and Windows 7 workstations
- An understanding of security lockdown and audit methods including the application of Group policies under Windows Active Directory
- Experience in the configuration and integration of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) software to meet defined system requirements
- Experience in the virtualisation of software using VMware
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasion
- Willingness to travel to sites in the UK
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain DV security clearance
- Experience in COTS GIS applications and familiarity with GIS systems
- Existing DV Clearance
- Experience in the design and delivery of C4ISR solutions
- Electrical and Mechanical engineering knowledge/background
- Good experience of deployed/containerised solutions
- Knowledge of JSP440 (Security) and JSP604 (MoD build standards)