Quality Engineer 117906BR
Raytheon is a leader in Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems, combining sensors and advanced networks to create entirely new ways of perceiving the world. Our Defence Intelligence Solutions (DIS) business is an industry leader in Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and a trusted partner for MOD. Over the past 30 years, Raytheon has developed a deep understanding of Defence Intelligence missions through its involvement in multiple UK and international programmes, and has the domain knowledge and mission understanding crucial to the success of our customers. In recent years, Raytheon has partnered with MOD to successfully overcome challenges and complexities. Raytheon's culture is that we stand firm on our customer commitments - we will deliver.
The programme is a very dynamic, information technology-focused effort with multiple subcontractors supporting an operationally oriented customer with numerous mission critical demands. The systems include a collection of infrastructure components of servers, storage, workstations, networking and printers, and also a number of image analysis, processing, storage and retrieval software solutions. The systems are deployed across a number of sites in the UK with a mobile field deployed component for use in the UK and abroad.
Working alongside highly skilled colleagues to assure the business develops, delivers and maintains products and services that meet or exceed our customer requirements.
- To provide assurance through audit, review and continuous improvement
- work with suppliers and subcontractors in a collaborative way to build lasting relationships;
- provide advice and guidance to assure customer requirements are met or exceeded;
- develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers;
- take on real responsibility to assure compliance with regulatory and other sector specific requirements throughout the product lifecycle;
- develop your coaching and facilitating skills by helping people deliver business and process improvements and address root causes;
- be accountable for your decisions and actions
- Interfacing & communication with program & functional areas to support the goals of the business.
- Evaluation of Systems and Software Engineering development lifecycles and processes.
- Evaluation of Engineering verification and validation strategy, coverage and integrity fulfilment
- Auditing of quality systems including analysis of findings, advice on deficiency closure & improvement suggestions.
- Participation at design reviews and lifecycle Gate Reviews
We are looking for people who can quickly gain the trust and respect of their colleagues, suppliers and customers; this focuses as much on personality as it does in intellect.
As such, we are looking for people who:
•enjoy coaching/facilitating to get the best out of teams and individuals;
•are team orientated, but can work under their own initiative and take the lead when required;
•enjoy problem solving, and have good analytical skills;
•are excellent at developing and managing relationships;
•enjoy helping other people and teams succeed;
•conversant with ISO9001:2015;
•relevant QA experience from a IT enabled technology environment
In addition it is desirable to have:
•Internal Auditor or training to ISO9001/AS9100
Must be able or willing to obtain UK MoD Security clearance to DV
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Our development programme aims to provide knowledge & experience which supports application for chartered quality status.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.