Senior Maintenance Electrician (Multi-Skilled)
General Dynamics Land Systems-UK is recruiting a Senior Maintenance Electrician (Multi-skilled) on a permanent basis.
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge.
Dynamics is not just part of our name, its part of our spirit.
Purpose of Position
It is the purpose of the Senior Maintenance Electrician to provide first line maintenance and respond to all breakdowns within the fastest possible time and to rectify the fault within current health and safety, environmental and legislative requirements in the most cost effective way with the minimum amount of disruption to production. To Maintain and install electrical and mechanical equipment, plant and facilities ensuring all works are within current legislative requirements. Provide support to manufacturing team to ensure plant uptime is utilised with minimum downtime.
- To carry out testing and inspection and rectifications works
- To assemble, install, test, certify and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures
- Undertake both mechanical and electrical fault finding, diagnostic and preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and building services
- To plan and carry out small projects
- To install and maintain three phase and single phase control gear for motors, pumps and fans
- To inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance
- To carry out Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) To repair or replace wiring, equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools to include minor building work and making good
- To diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- To monitor, adjust and identify faults as required
- Provide support to mechanical technician.
- Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
- Provide hands-on and technical assistance where necessary to ensure targets are met.
- Reporting of faults, recording work, parts used and parts required.
- Permit to Work, Risk Assessments, and PPE.
- Maintain housekeeping standards throughout work area
- Provide 24/7call out as part of a rota and be prepared to work overtime and respond to call outs as required for both sites (Merthyr and Oakdale 2)
- Complete Planned Preventative Maintenance, ensuring KPI’s are met in line with production requirements
- Respond to the requests of the operations by carrying out tasks associated with breakdowns
- Provide effective feed back to the Maintenance Manager, to ensure that Managers are aware of any Facilities/System/Equipment/Site Engineering abnormalities
- Perform any reasonable task as required by their Manager
- Follow required emergency procedures as documented and respond accordingly during emergency situations
- Report all accidents, occupational illnesses and emergencies
- To take responsibility for defects and follow up on any repairs
- To undertake such additional duties as might reasonably be requested by the company. To include but not restricted to:
- Production cover, snow clearance and gritting, litter picking, cleaning, security, First Aid and Fire Warden Duties.
- Travel between sites as and when required. (Merthyr & Oakdale2)
- City and Guilds electrical qualification 17th Edition. 2394/2395 or equivalent
- Recognised indentured apprenticeship
- Experience post apprenticeship preferred
- Experience in carrying out testing and inspection, reactive maintenance, planned maintenance and installation Knowledge of plant control
- Able to work at height + 15mtrs
- Be proactive and self-motivated and seek out work
- Ability to work as part of a team or unsupervised
Essential Technical Skills (including computer packages, if applicable)
- Computer Literate PLC fault finding – Preferably Siemens S7
- Knowledge of paint spraying equipment and process
- OHC Licence
- MEWP Licence
- FLT Licence