Senior Engineering Project Manager
The Datalink centre of Excellence is about to start some new and exciting projects that will have challenging technology and timescales to achieve. This has created an opportunity for an Senior Engineering Project Manager to join the team and help deliver this challenging work.
To own and manage the development and delivery of Datalink Electronic Equipment/Sub-Systems required for Missiles and Missile Systems. The expected value of these is up to approximately £15m. This will involve the management of a multi-disciplinary team including the support to staff development activities.
What’s in it for you?
- This role is a great opportunity to make a real contribution to the success of the datalinks centre of excellence by ensuring all aspects of the datalink package of work are delivered through a talented multi-disciplinary team.
- The role has the potential to prepare the Engineering Project Manager for more senior roles such as Chief Design Engineer or larger project management positions.
What’s great about the team?
The Datalinks Design Team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic team, focussed on achieving complex designs to demanding timescales and providing a product that can be used to meet the needs of all our projects. The team is co-located enabling easy communication and exchange of ideas and knowledge for the good of all in the team.
What we are looking for?
Typical accountabilities and responsibilities of this role are:
- Ensuring Product/Equipment delivery timescales, functionality and performance are met
- Ensuring Development budgets, Risk Management and Product Quality are all achieved
- Appropriate Test Solutions are developed and made available for both the Development and Manufacturing phases
- Product industrialisation and handover to manufacturing including production test solution/s is achieved
- External sub contract management and supply chain management is supported
- Timely and applicable project reporting is provided
- Staff develop activities are supported
Typical Skills and Knowledge to achieve the role are:
- Sound engineering background in Electrical, Electronics, Software or Mechanical.
- Proven management of multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Working knowledge and understanding of project management, planning, monitoring and controlling techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of the Product development lifecycle of datalink products
- Working knowledge and understanding of industrialisation and manufacturing.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to manage uncertainty and make effective decisions
- Communication and reporting, customer interfacing.
- Ability to influence.
Typical Problem solving challenges of this role are:
- Managing late or immature Product/Equipment needs/requirements.
- Managing Product/Equipment requirements which are difficult to achieve.
- Meeting challenging development timescales and budget constraints.
- Generating realistic plans for the development activities.
- Establishing development teams, resourcing.
- Adhering to the plans for the development activities.
- Ensuring suitable and viable technical solutions are identified.
- Leveraging capabilities of other departments within MBDA.
- Ensuring technical problems are resolved efficiently and effectively.
- Making difficult decisions.
- Working Internationally.
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance without restrictions
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)